A nominee must:
Intern job description/or outline of experiences (detail the experiences the intern can expect to receive: training, orientation sessions, cross training, typical daily schedule)
Organization’s letter of understanding/contract/agreement (if required) between student and college/University.
Organizational Chart of the department (include where the intern(s) are located)
Organization's Internship Training Manual (where applicable)
• This manual needs to include the following items:
• Mission statement and history of agency/department
• Expectations of an intern (hours, uniforms, conduct, etc.)
• Requirements for internship (CPR/FIRST AID, background check, drug screen)
• Description/examples of programs and services
• Pertinent policies and procedures
• Orientation schedule (activities included)
• Department rules (housing, on property recreation, etc.)
Mail physical nominations to:
Recreation Resources Service c/o Kyle Smith
NC State University
3024 Biltmore Hall
Campus Box 8004
Raleigh, NC 27695
*$100 non-refundable application fee, made payable to the Resort and Commercial Recreation Association.(Or) $50 fee for renewal application
Application Deadlines are: September 1st and March 1st of each year.
Site approvals will be announced within thirty days of each deadline.
The “Approval” rating will be valid for three years.
If your application is rejected for any reason, you may resubmit it again before the next deadline.
If there is a change in agency recreation directors at any time during the three year time period, the new director must submit his/her resume/experience to RCRA for review.
COPYRIGHT © 2013-15 RCRA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Website design by Creative Influence, Inc.