STUDENT CONFERENCE BENEFITS
When you register for the Annual National Conference as a Student or Emerging Professional Member you will experience:
- Educational Sessions: looking to hear from an expert about ways to market your skills via Linked In or on your resume? Or, how about an exceptional microphone and stage presence training? We offer a variety of sessions that are geared towards experiencial development for new professionals in the industry at the conference.
- Interviews: securing an internship offer at the conference is a perk that this conference offers over any other industry conference. We host a job fair where you will have the opportunity to meet and ask the properties questions one-on-one while also disbursing your resume. Then each property interviewing has up to 10 interview slots on the last day of the conference to provide our student members the opportunity of a lifetime!
- Scholarship Opportunities: we know and understand that money is tight for college students so we take every step to ensure the conference is affordable for you - from room rate and transportation fees, to meals and registration rate. On top of keeping fees low, we also offer a scholarship program that we recommend to all students to complete for a chance to be recognized for excelling academically and receiving a full registration refund!
- FUN Networking: we set the scene for collaborative and engaging ways to meet professionals in the industry while kicking the nervousness out of the way. We help you get outside your comfort zone but you won't even know you're outside of it until afterwards when you say: "Wow, can you believe I spoke to that director with such confidence!?"
WAIT - THERE'S MORE!?
YESSSS!!! We REALLY want you to attend the conference, which is why we go the EXTRA mile by:
- Providing roommate pairing if you need the support - coming from your university solo and can't afford the room rate price alone? Let us know and we'll connect you with other students looking for a pairing. First we ensure that you both are enjoying getting to know one another and then we introduce the opportunity about rooming together!
- Assisting with paring for transportation - getting to the hotel from the airport and back can be tricky and that's what our transportation coordination lead is a guru at! We help bring the cost down for you creating group transfer times based on your arrival.
- Including a couple meals in your registration rate - you'll get to enjoy a top-notch dining experience during the Gala and Awards Luncheon.
- Fundraising throughout the conference each year boosts the scholarship fund. We host many fun activities that you as a student can afford to participate in however, you'll witness most of the professionals and vendors getting amped about donating to the future of the organization!
- Swaging out - the properties also donate a ton of give aways like logo'd t-shirts, cups, hats, etc. that are given out at the job fair and can also be won in our basket auction. Who doesn't like a cool tee?